An elite performance company with decades of experience in the entertainment industry. Circus Kasai provides stunning theatrical circus shows and entertainers to clients in Canada and across the world.
Established by Kate Ryan, circus and hula hoop artist, Circus Kasai has represented partners of Cirque Du Soleil and clientele such as Cartoon Network, W Hotels Worldwide, BMW and Party like Gatsby.
With experience in event design and event planning, our team has a unique eye for detail. We provide only the highest caliber of artist, whom we believe are uniquely proficient at their artistry and craft. Our entertainers are elite world champions, have toured in over fourteen countries and hold themselves to the highest possible standard for circus arts.
Kate Ryan is a professional circus artist and entertainer who has performed, toured and trained in ten different countries. Her client resume includes partners such as Cirque du Soleil, Party like Gatsby Speakeasy EU and Cartoon Network: resident artist.
In 2021, her digital adaptation to the circus arts industry and her work as a Director, Producer, Editor and Artist was recognized by the Montreal Independent Film Festival and won “Audience Choice: Feature Film” at the Circus International Film Festival.
Specializing in Circus Hula Hoops, Face Balancing and Grand Multi Fire Hoop this emcee extraordinaire shares a unique blend of playful mannerism and contemporary circus.
YOUTH & SOCIAL CIRCUS
Kate is a multi-disciplinary artist who dedicates her talents to social circus projects in Canada, Australia and Asia. She believes in facilitating the importance of play in every person's life. With over ten years of experience in the live entertainment industry, Kate is the Team Lead, Tour Manager and Media Manager for the NGO Spark Circus. By working with organizations such as Play OnSide, Nutrien and Help Without Frontiers, Kate is able to share youth and social circus with thousands of at-risk youth and refugees each year.
Circus Kasai by Kate Ryan Circus
Performance & Entertainment Skills
- Traditional Multi Style Circus Hooping
- Face Balancing
- Contemporary Circus Hula Hoop
- Hoop Rolling
- Grand Multi Fire Hoop
- Roving Characters
- Prop Spinning
- Magician's Assistant
- Fire Fans and Silk Fan Dancing
- Audience Participation & Improvisation
- Character Acting Skills
- Champagne Aerials
- Partner Adagio
- Directing, Production and Choreography of large touring, theatrical shows performed live and digitally
- Film and Cinematography
- Social Circus Facilitator, Youth Circus
- Documentarian, Media Team Project Manager (Spark Circus),
- Video & Audio Edit
- Web Design, Social Networking, Blogging
- Organization, Facilitating Teams of 10+ Performers
- Prop Building
- Costume Design
- "Audience Choice Award" Circus International Film Festival 2021
- "Honorable Mention/ Monthly Award Winner" Montreal Independent Film Festival 2021
- TED X Featured "Cirque de la Nuit Artist" 2018
- StoryHive Documentary Edition "Circle of Wonder" 2018
- Spark Circus Media Team Manager 2017 - Present
- Rolling Pictures "Cirque de la Nuit Artist" 2017
- Vietnam Free Press "Spark Circus" 2018
- Fernie Free Press "Bibbity Boppity Boo with Cirque de la Nuit" 2018
- Global Calgary "Circus Kasai & Kate Ryan Circus" 2017
- Saskatoon Star Phoenix "Circus Kasai" 2015, 2016 & 2017
- Miss Western Alberta 2012/ 2013, Miss Yukon Territory Globe 2012/ 2013
Industry Related Awards
- Circus International Film Festival "Audience Choice: Feature Film" 2021
- Montreal Independent Film Festival "Honorable Mention/ Monthly Award Winner" 2021
- Battle of the Buskers Runner Up CentreFest Street Performers Festival 2018
- CanSpin Runner Up "Hula Hooper of the Year 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2019"
- CanSpin Runner Up "Most Influential Artist 2016 & 2019"
- Nominated "Hoopie Music Video of the Year 2016"